Aloha Eye Care Hawaii Ohana,
We are fully committed to keeping our patients and team safe and healthy in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic. As we begin to re-open, we want to share our plan to maintain minimum person-to-person contact during your upcoming appointments.
Please carefully read the steps below and follow staff directions for your appointment. For everyone’s safety, we are requiring staff and patients to wear masks at all times in and around the clinic. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Please come into the clinic, we will greet you at the door.
- All patients and visitors must properly wear a mask at all times while in the clinic
- All patients and customers will be required to submit to COVID screening questions and temperature check prior to entering.
- In the Clinic
- The clinic technician will ask you to sanitize your hands. You can wait in our comfortable lobby while we ensure all patients maintain a safe six-foot distance. We have arranged seating to insure proper comfortable distance while waiting to be called.
- Please follow staff instructions while in the clinic, and abide by all signage clearly displayed for your safety.
- The clinic technician will escort you directly to the testing areas and exam rooms, which will have been sanitized.
- Every surface you come into contact with will have been sanitized prior to the arrival of each and every patient entering our practice, and will be cleaned again as you exit each area. Our team will be frequently washing their hands between interactions as per our usual protocol, and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the practice.
- Optical Boutique
- If you want to purchase glasses, we will have a similar protocol in place to ensure a safe transaction, starting with cleaning all frames with hydrogen peroxide before and after patient use and maintaining minimal contact with the optical team, yet still allowing for the personable and excellent service you have come to expect from Eye Care Hawai’i.
- All frame adjustments and ophthalmic lens measurements will be taken at the end of your visit. You will be able to pick up your glasses when they are ready. For your convenience our opticians will gladly walk
We hope you understand the necessity for these precautions as we prioritize the safety of you and our staff. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call, text, or email us.
Mahalo nui loa for your patience and cooperation!