A Symbol Of What We Provide For Our Patients
The Ohia tree is the focus of our logo because of it is a symbol of strength, reliability, and versatility. With a tenacious adaptability to adapt to extreme climates from deserts to rainforests, the Ohia delivers beauty and promise through a colorful variety of flowering blossoms.
With the Ohia as an inspiration, Eye Care Hawaii provides outstanding eye care in an ever-evolving health care environment. We help our patients see their world with greater clarity and vibrancy by maintaining ocular health and providing appropriate vision correction. In addition to offering the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options, our well-trained, responsive, and professional staff also delivers a wide range of services, including general family eye care, eye medication prescriptions, complete optical dispensing, and more.
Like the Ohia, Eye Care Hawaii is here to provide strength, reliability, and versatility to the wonderful people of Hilo and beyond.
Kindness Beginning with a smile and continuing with every interaction, we treat everyone with friendliness, respect, and compassion.
Diligence We approach life’s endeavors with dedication, competence, and attention to detail. We follow through completely.
The Power of Ideas We examine situations with a holistic and creative perspective (not by complaining or criticizing) and develop innovative solutions.
Embracing Change We constantly strive to learn more so that we can adapt to our changing world and be prepared for future challenges.
Passion Sincere enthusiasm and heartfelt commitment are our foundations. We greet every morning with motivated spirit and positive energy.
Eye Care Hawaii is at the leading edge of vision technology and advanced procedures:
- First office in Hawaii to obtain Pascal DCT (Dynamic Contour Tonometer) to enhance our treatment of glaucoma.
- Only office in Hilo with an HRT scanning ophthalmic laser for glaucoma and retina care.
- First clinic on the island to have a Medmont topographer for advanced Orthokeratology (Ortho K).
- First office in Hilo with digital retinal and anterior segment photography capability.
If you would like to learn more about any of these terms, please feel free to contact us for more information.
Outstanding Patient Care
We make sure that every office visit, treatment, and follow-up is a positive experience for every patient. With Eye Care Hawaii, you have confidence that your eyes are receiving the best care, and you feel great knowing that you are appreciated every step of the way.
- Follow-up courtesy calls.
- All patient calls and emails returned within one day.
- Late office hours (until 8 p.m.) two days per week; Saturday appointments available.
- On call for emergency medical eye care.
- Confirm appointments through email and text reminders. You'll receive a reminder call 1 month and 2 days prior to your appointment.
- Convenient web-based appointment system.
- Constant communication with patient’s primary care physicians (family practice/internist) regarding ocular health conditions that have systemic implications (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, thyroid conditions, medications with ocular side effects, neurological issues, etc).
- Knowledgeable and well-trained staff with continuing education provided for all.
- Flexible insurance coverage.
Contact us today and see how we can give you a clearer, brighter outlook on life.
Read what other customers are saying about Eye Care Hawaii here.